The LG V30 was in leaks from quite a while now but, today LG finally unveiled it at IFA 2017. So, this is the Third device from the V line-up from LG & in terms of specifications, it actually outperforms the LG G6.
LG V30 SPECIFICATIONS
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 Mobile Platform
- Display: 6.0-inch 18:9 QuadHD+ OLED FullVision Display (2880 x 1440 / 538ppi)
- V30: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM / 64GB UFS 2.0 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- V30+: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM / 128GB UFS 2.0 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- Rear Dual: 16MP Standard Angle (F1.6 / 71°) / 13MP Wide Angle (F1.9/ 120°)
- Front: 5MP Wide Angle (F2.2 / 90°)
- Battery: 3,300mAh
- Operating System: Android 7.1.2 Nougat
- Size: 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm
- Weight: 158g
- Network: LTE-A 4 Band CA
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 5.0 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Colors: Aurora Black / Cloud Silver / Moroccan Blue / Lavender Violet
- Others: IP68 Water and Dust Resistant / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / Crystal Clear Lens / 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC / HDR10 / Daydream / Google Assistant / UX 6.0+ / Voice Recognition / Face Recognition / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 Technology / Wireless Charging
*Official Specifications from LG
[Note: V30+ is just the higher Storage version of the regular V30 & it may be available in specific regions only.]
So, the LG V30 takes it’s design inspiration from the LG G6 & brings a bunch of improvements to the board. It’s rocking the top of the line Snapdragon 835, 4 Gigabytes Of RAM, Dual-rear Cameras with f-1.6 Regular Lens & f-1.9 120° Wide Angle Lens with 16MP & 13MP sensor setups, a 6 inch HDR 10 capable FullVision OLED Display & Water & Dust Resistance are great improvements over the LG V20 & even the LG G6.
In the flip side you lose the Removable Battery for the sake of Water Resistance. Also, having a Glass & Metal construction just like the G6, makes it less durable compared to the older LG V line-up devices like the V10 & V20. Also, the Front Facing Camera still rocks a 5 Megapixel Sensor with a f-2.2 lens so, it’s not competing any recent flagship at any point.
Though there are some more useful features that make the V30 an exiting package overall. That Glass back helps to enable Wireless Charging in the device. The V30 also supports Google’s Daydream Virtual Reality Platform for enhanced VR experience. Also, the 32-bit Quad DAC & the Dual-rear Camera shall give some power to those who shoot a lot of clips with their phone. The audio tuning is gain done by Bang & Olufsen this year.
This device is also going to be priced right with the Flagships like the S8 & HTC U11 so, let’s see how it goes this time. Do you think that LG can blow away the competition with the LG V30 ? Let us know in the comments section right below this article !
Read More !